Monday, February 21, 2011

concentration




In my ap studio art class, I will be taking the exam in May.  These exams are different than most of the ap class exams.  I will be turning in twenty-four pieces that I have made sometime within my high school career.  Twelve of them will be categorized in what is called bret pieces.   These have no connection to each other what so ever.  The other twelve indeed do have to follow a similar theme and relate to each other in some way.  My concentration is based off of flaws that we find in society and how I view these flaws.  Right now I have to come up with a new piece every week and it is very difficult to think of an idea and be able to execute it correctly, while making sure it is good enough to even turn in.  The first two pieces I have created for my concentration is a skeleton smoking a cigarette and a big building polluting the air with smoke.  I am hoping that as I go along my ideas will come to me and I will be able to make decent art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment