Sunday, February 27, 2011

Summer Job


This is me and my friend Jane last summer when we life guarded at the mariemont pool.  It is a pretty fun job for the most part besides having to vacuum the pool with a really old vacuum cleaner that takes an hour to assemble.  At the pool I would guard, teach swim lessons, and I was also a swim coach for the swim team.  I normally would work 6 days out of the week for about 6 hours.  The pay is pretty decent also.  It was really nice because the pool is right down the street from me so I could just walk there whenever I had to work.  The best part about working at the pool is when it rains and we can all sit around and just play cards and chill all day and still get paid.  I get really tan also whenever I work at the pool during the summer, unfortunately it is a really ugly one piece tan with a big dark circle on my back.  I am definitely going to miss working here next summer since I will be in Georgia during the summer but I think I am going to try to find a guarding job at UGA.  I also worked at the Quarter Bistro and I babysit a lot.  That is how I have been surviving during the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment