Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lunch Date

As I may repeat myself for the third time, this novel is nonfiction, therefore the most recurring character is David Sedaris himself.  He would be the perfect person to take out for a meal because of his dry humor, fluency in sarcasm, and his memories and stories that range from his early childhood until his present life.  I love people who can make me laugh, so I am 100% positive that someone who can make me laugh from reading can certainly make me laugh in person.  Through his memories, I can tell that Sedaris is a very down to earth kind of dude.  He likes simple things, like he says in one of the chapters that he can fix something himself or call a repairman.  Therefore we would probably eat a simple lunch, such as hotdogs or hamburgers and it would definitely be at lunchtime.  He is worthy of my time because I enjoy hearing stories that are worth telling, and he has definitely got those.  He is able to create something funny out of really nothing which amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment