Sunday, May 15, 2011

What highschool has taught me..

Show school spirit: Although this may not seem very important, high school has showed me that it is.  I have connected with a lot of people by being goofy and showing spirit.  Without this I would have never been able to branch out and be my weird, crazy self.

Always have teamwork and dedication:  I have played in multiple sports throughout my years in highschool, but my swim team has showed me more than I ever expected.  Not only are these people some of the most talented highschool students I have ever met, they also have some of the best personalities also.  Most of them are very funny and unique.  They support everyone on the team while also competing for their own life time best.  They have left such a large impact on my life when it comes to dedication and teamwork.  I never knew I could get so close to a team.

Be creative: As Mr. Becksfort would always say, do not use other people's work creative commons is the way to go, I apply this to my own art work.  My teachers have influenced my artwork in certain ways.  I study and look at other people's art work to help me with ideas, but I never copy.  My creativity has flourished in many ways because of this type of advice.

Be independent:  I know that friends will come and go and there is no way to control relationships in life.  Because of this I find it very important to be independent.  There is no one else that you should ever rely on more than yourself.  Next year in college I will litterally have no one there except for myself, therefore it will be up to me to make new friends, force myself to study, ect.  I will no longer have my parents telling me what to do.  I will no longer have my friends since first grade there with me. 

Make new friends: During junior high I had a set group of friends, I never thought that I would need to branch out and meet new people, even in this small community.  After being in highschool I have learned that it is very important to make new friendships with all different types of people.  I no longer have one set group of friends, but instead I have a large amount of people that I have become super close to from different grades and even different schools.  I know that I will be set when it comes to making friends in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment